Saturday, September 09, 2006

Cathy Horyn's Take on Blogging

I enjoyed hearing what Cathy Horyn, of The New York Times, had to say on the future of blogging and the Internet. A great interview by Julie Fredrickson
of Couturetoure Media. One I thought you all may be interested in hearing.




I especially like when she mentioned that many of the luxury brands are not up to par in terms of what is going on in Ecommerce right now. I have thought this for a while, that sites such as gucci.com, ysl.com, chanel.com, prada.com(which seems to have a URL but no content) are not quite engaging. I am an Ecommerce/Internet hound,(perhaps it is because I have worked for an online retailer for the past two years), in any case, I (daily) stop in on my favorite fashion sites and for some reason these luxury brand URL's rarely ever land in my address bar. Unfortunate, but true. I could think of a million ways to improve their site stickiness and make them more appealing. On a more positive note, there are many interesting sites out there - style.com (which I am sure you guys are all regulars of), net-a-porter.com, nymagazine.com - that are in tune with our cyber/fashion needs.

No comments: