Friday, October 06, 2006

Lagerfeld's Lacy Leg

First bare legs were the it accessory, then it was a fishnet outrage, now it's all about opaque leggings and soon it will be all about lace (if Karl Lagerfeld has anything to do with it that is). His spring 2007 collection was full of lacy delights as all 43 of his looks were paired with lace patterned hose (even under pants). Isn't enough that we must be of-the-minute in terms of hemlines, sleeve shapes, waist heights, pant lengths, bag sizes and shoe styles? No, of course not. Now we must make sure our tights (or should I say pantyhose/hose/leggings/shapers or any of the other synonyms for what I like to simply call leg wrappers) are au courant as well. At least keeping up with this trend won't break our trusty ‘ol piggy banks, then again I have seen $275 price tags attached to these nylons (another synonym). Whatever the case may be I loved how they looked on the Lagerfeld runway. Not so much in white though, as it reminds me of the late ’80s and my first communion and all the frills, flowers and pigtails that accompanied my little white lace stockings (yet another synonym). Oh how I so clearly remember them, they had a thick elastic waistband, I think I even had a pair in pink but of course not in black, as black lace was (according my mother) too vulgar for an 8-year-old girl. So now I can’t wait to jump into a sexy (yes mom, sexy) pair of black lacey leg wrappers. Thanks Karl for reviving this '80s trend and giving all grown up 8-year-olds a chance to don black lace legs!






I love how these lace nylons look under that sheer mauve dress - very seductive.

Photos:style.com

No comments: