Monday, October 02, 2006

Paris Fashion Week Spring 2007: Rick Owens

"Yes, yes the Paris shows have arrived," I thought to myself after viewing the Rick Owens show on style.com. If the shows would not be labeled by designer, I think that one would be able to categorize them, at the very least, by city, as I think there is such a sharp contrast of style from one city to the next. And after viewing Rick Owens, I would definitely, without a doubt, be able to put his show in the Paris category. You would not see these looks come down any New York or Milan runway. Though perhaps London but then again all the major players from the Square Mile migrate and land in Paris, don't they? And the ones who start in the tents soon find themselves across the Atlantic in the City of Light (as in Owens' case). My take on Rick Owens' spring 2007 collection: an acquired taste. However, I do absolutely love the skirts and the short dresses, I think they are brilliant.


Photos: style.com

No comments: