Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Paris Fashion Week Spring 2007: Balenciaga

While most of the spring 2007 collections are referencing the past, Mr. Ghesquière, for Balenciaga, is referencing the future. How does one reference an era that has not yet occurred, you may ask. It takes a brilliant mind combined with the astute ability to transform a premature idea into a full-fledged byproduct. In short, it takes Nicolas Ghesquière. This collection that mixed references to the future with robotic warriors and perhaps space-age princesses has definitely turned a new leaf and has forced us to look, or at least think, about fashion in a totally new way. I absolutely loved the metallic bronze robot-like leggings. Would I wear them? Not a chance. But if you would have asked me 8 years ago if I would be wearing skinny jeans today I would have probably keeled with laughter. So who knows what will be gracing our gams in 2,920 days from now.




Photos: style.com

No comments: