Monday, December 04, 2006

Dona Marchesa

Marchesa, Marchesa, Marchesa is what I read each time I look at the credits of a fabulous dress I have just laid my eyes on in one of the zillion magazines I have flipped through over the past couple of months. Designed by best-friend duo, Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, the of-the-moment dress line, Marchesa, based out of London and NYC, has spawned a new breed of dress wear. Stylistas are catching on to this blistering hot dress label faster than they could sell their Guccis on ebay.

I think their dresses just have that ethereal quality that transforms one into a beautiful and glamorous evening nymph. Their dresses have become a favorite of stylist Rachel Zoë, hence their rousing on the West Coast, most notably the infamous red carpet. Celebrities, more and more, are choosing Marchesa as their go-to-label for chic, classy, trendy and sophisticated “big-event” wear.

Whether it be the Grecian-inspired draping, rose appliqués, corseting, Empire-lines, elaborate beading or bubble silhouettes, the dresses all possess that certain something that make the label a bona-fide show stopper for women of all ages (or at least I think so). I can just as easily see my mother in one of these Empire or corseted chiffon numbers just as I could see myself.

I just absolutely love this line. Love it! I’m sure it has helped that Ms Chapman’s beau is Hollywood movie director Harvey Weinstein but nevertheless if the quality wasn’t there, they could have had a connection to God himself and still would not have become such an overnight success.

Kudos, bravo, congrats…just keep them coming.

For more about Marchesa visit their website www.marchesa.com


Some of the celebrities in Marchesa.

One of my absolute favorites.

Spring / Summer '07


Photos: elle.com. marchesa.com, style.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love their dresses....I would wear each and every dress!!