Friday, December 29, 2006

Movie Wardrobe: The Holiday

I recently viewd The Holiday starring Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Jack Black. While the movie was cute in its romantic comedy sort of way, the wardrobe just blew me away. In particular the wardrobe of Cameron Diaz's character Amanda.

From the first scene of Amanda, in her white striped cotton pajamas, we new that she would have a fabulous wardrobe, and that she did. The coats and sweaters were the stand outs as this is what her winter wardrobe was based on. From full-length cashmere camel coats to winter white wool-trim jackets and the hats and scarves to match, big fluffy sweaters underneath (a different one each day) to her skinny jeans and leggings, Amanda's wardrobe is the envy of an girl (fashionista or not).

I think it's the fact that Amanda just seems to have an effortless style - simple, yet classy and very put together. It seems as if it is innate, like there is no effort on her part to look as she does, and I think that is the thing (yes, of course besides the stellar garments) that attracted me the most to her character and her wardrobe. This will be a memorable film for modern fashion, if anything else.

I was not able to get many photos, and the ones I did get do not depict her wardrobe very well. I am also trying to get names...I know we all want to know who made these fabulous clothes. I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, you can try bidding for some of Amanda's wardrobe on ebay.com.


Check out some of the movie clips:



Photos: yahoo.com, ebay.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you tell me the dress that Kate Winslet wore in the endind scence. Black dress, but whos is it??

Anonymous said...

I too would love to find the Black dress Kate winslet wore in the Last scene. Any ideas who the designer was

Anonymous said...

I would also like to know the dress that Kate wore in the last scene! or a dress that's something like it! :)