Sunday, February 11, 2007

49th Annual Grammy Awards Style Re-Cap

There was a lot of leg seen on the red carpet at this year's Grammy Awards . Short dresses appeared to be the hem length of choice for Hollywood's most famous starlets. Short as they may have been, none were, in my opinion, that red carpet worthy.

Actually, I don't quite know what went wrong this year but by the way these songstresses were dressed it seemed that no one really put in that extra effort we have all come to expect. And it showed.

Yet, of course like always, I had my favorites. Well actually I really had only one favorite. It was Hilary Duff's sequined lingerie-inspired Dolce & Gabbana number. I absolutely adored this dress. I think it was very unique. As my designer friend noted, it was very interesting, the way the lace and sequins were layered; it gave it that extra textural element that completely made the dress.

Next runner up was Petra, and then followed by Fergie. I think though, after seeing all those sequins on the fall 2007 runway I have grown a sincere liking to decked-out-in-sequins garb.




Photos: wireimage.com

No comments: