Monday, February 05, 2007

Jill Stuart

A sharply edited show, was my first thought after the 20th model paraded down the 25-foot long runway that was the New York Public Library's marbled Astor Hall and Jill Stuart's signature venue. I haven't really seen such a sharp, clean, to the point collection as the fall 2007 presentation. It was clearly a sixties inspired show, from mini shift dresses and pea coats, to box silhouettes, leggings, patent trimmings and vibrant electric blue color bursts. I did have my favorite pieces. I definitely loved all the coats, I liked the effect the pulled-up-over-the-head turtlenecks gave to the whole show, the patent detailing was great, I loved the oversized polka dot silk prints mixed with heavy wools, and the sequined pea coat was definitely an eye catcher (I could however have done without the heavy tweed look.)

Photos: style.com

No comments: