Saturday, June 09, 2007

Louis Vuitton hosts a Birthday Bash

Kanye West celebrated his 30th Birthday on Thursday night at the 57th Street Louis Vuitton super store. Yes, the entire store was shut down and filled with party goers all celebrating West's big "3-0". I will not even start to discuss this whole marketing/publicity stunt but I would like to say that I was quite shocked to discover that Mr. West was not dressed in Louis Vuitton but in Tom Ford. This can only mean one of two things: 1) This is Mr. West's way of indirectly saying, "I can do what I want...I have the power...even though you lent me your store for the night I have the power to wear what I want" (and this is typical West attitude), or 2) This is a foreshadowing of perhaps Tom Ford for Louis Vuitton in the works. Is Ford the next Louis Vuitton designer?

Oh yes and in keeping with the Louis Vuitton theme, Mr. West's cake was designed by Takashi Murakami. I am assuming that Mr. West has recruited the Japanese designer to promote his new album as his homepage is a Takashi Murakami design promoting his new album.

Photos:wireimage.com

No comments: