Monday, September 10, 2007

Peter Som

Distracted by the front, second and third row frenzy of Voguers finding their seats and settling in, Filipa Fino was a no show so Sylvana Soto-Ward shuffled into her seat quickly leaving her third row seat vacant and Jane Herman deserted, and with a clear view of Carine Roitfeld and her daughter ogling Anna Wintour from across the runway, it took me sometime to pay attention to what was happening on the runway.

The collection was soft, feminine and definitely one for the lady. In a pearlized color palette that ranged from white to dove grey and muted pastels with splashes of poppy orange, each piece, constructed to perfection, had a very sophisticated feel. I think that Peter Som crosses into that ageless territory, as some of the pieces I imagined myself in, and some I pictured on the likes of Barbara Walters or Deeda Blair. There were some stand-out pieces which I had an instant attraction to (see below), perhaps I guess that is what makes them "stand-out pieces", to me at least. I appreciate the brand's aesthetic, that of a classic American elegance and I adored the oversized beaded necklaces.

No comments: