Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Halston: The Return

One of the most talked about events this week is the return, or shall I say, revival of Halston. With Harvey Weinstein backing the project, the collaborative creative input of Rachel Zoe and Jimmy Choo's Tamara Mellon and the ex-Versace designer Marco Zanini at the design helm, who could not be excited for the launch. I certainly was in grand anticipation of who the modern day Halston girl would be. Unfortunately, I was no less shy of disappointed. The show did not deliver to expectation. I would have loved to see a 37-piece collection saturated with signature Halston dresses, instead I felt it was a little unfocused, it seemed a little like Zanini was unsure of himself. Hopefully spring 2009 will be more promising for the future of Halston than the present. I look forward to see how the creative team handles their first public reaction and how they will take Halston to the next level.

Photo: wireimage.com

No comments: