Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fur Free Fashion Forever

I received an E-mail this morning from Fashion Week Daily (with the subject line:Win tickets to Jay McCarroll's Olympus Fashion Week show!). I thought it would be some E-mail soliciting-type contest but was pleasantly surprised that it was a petition to stop the use of fur and cruelty to these poor animals. I for one am completely against the use of fur and I cannot believe that in 2006 we are still seeing fur coats, hats, scarves, and the sort. I just cannot believe that we are still killing these precious animals for the sake of fashion. Believe me there is nothing stylish about that. Therefore, I must take my hat off to Jay McCaroll (Project Runway's Season 1 winner) for teaming with The Humane Society of the United States on a Fur-Free campaign. I am pleased to see that he is using his (new) fame in a very positive way. I signed the petition and will pass along the E-mail to everyone I know (and not for the sake of seeing his show but for the sake of the animals). I hope that you will all sign the petition as well. It's about time we (us, stylistas) come together and ban fur for good!

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/furfreepledge_thedaily

Photo: The Humane Society of the United States

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with this also the fake furs are so realaliatic lokking and warm and being an animalover myself there is no need for real fue except on the animal that wears it best!!!