Monday, January 22, 2007

It's Couture Week!

Paris couture week is among us, I can't wait to see what the shows reveal. Looking over the show schedule, I noticed an increase of couturiers. It seems that the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture has many new guest members. There are definitely some newcomers whom I never heard of before.

Does this mean that couture is not disappearing like once feared? Is couture back? Well, it may take a while to decipher the state of the couture industry, but I certainly hope that it makes a strong, and lasting comeback. Fashion just would not be as exciting, now would it?

Shows I am looking forward to: (the greats of course) Christian Dior, Chanel, Givenchy, Jean Paul Gaultier and Christian Lacroix and I am also interested in viewing some of the newcomer collections.

Photo: Christian Dior Couture fall 2006 style.com

No comments: