Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The $170,000 Gown

I just finished the September Bazaar last night and had to share this. Now I know what luxury fashion is and I am well aware of the sky high price tags attached to these so-called luxury items. I understand Haute Couture and those beyond comprehensible price tags. But what I do not quite understand is the $170,000, OK let me repeat that, $170,000 price attached to this Dolce & Gabbana feathered gown. Beautiful as it is, I just cannot make sense of the price tag. I love Dolce & Gabbana. I understand that parts of this dress or perhaps all of it is made by hand, well actually probably not all of it because that would be considered Couture and Dolce & Gabbana is not in the Couture business. Regardless of how this gown was made, can anyone please explain this outrageous price tag?


Photo: Bazaar September 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This $170000.00 dress gets to me too.