Thursday, September 28, 2006

Milan Fashion Week Spring 2007: Prada

Prada has just shown in Milan and has sent the fashion industry astray. This is the show to watch for inspiration, direction and surprise, whether you are an aspiring designer, an established house, an editor, a fashion fan or even a non-believer of the Prada aesthetic. Miuccia, in all of her vacillations, never seems to disappoint. I have to admit I absolutely loved her take for spring 2007. It's simple, classic and tasteful. The collection which comprised of juicy gemstone colors in gleaming duchesse silks, rectangular silhouettes with belted waistlines, micro mini tunics, a new shape for tops, a forties overtone and turbans, yes turbans, focused on fashion. "I just wanted it to be about fashion...the importance of fashion," said Miuccia to style.com backstage after the show. Save for the injection of prints (I didn't think the printed chiffons were needed), I thought every piece was a statement of its own. Key to this collection was the high waistlines and the new puffed batwing-influenced shape for tops. Yet, my personal favorite was the beautiful color combination of burgundy and grape. And if I wouldn't know any better I would think this is fall 2007 (minus the bare legs) but that is the brillance of Prada, to show a rather somber collection and make it work for spring.





Photos: style.com

No comments: