Friday, January 05, 2007

In the Mood for Blue

I cannot stop looking at this cover (Harper's Bazaar January 2007) and I am not sure why. Besides the fact that Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet look beautiful with their glossy lips and flowing hair I think it's the blues that I am attracted to but most of all I think it's these phenomenal dresses by Derek Lam. I love that he did Grecian draping in midnight blue. It's so refreshing. A great alternative to black, this deep shade of blue has similar benefits to its darker counterpart - it hides and slims and looks good with just about any color. It seems that the spring runways were awash in this shade but it's these two dresses that have stole my fashion heart.


The Looks from the Runway - Derek Lam Spring 2007



Photos: Harper's Bazaar January 2007, style.com

No comments: